About Me

My photo
We are a full service travel agency located in OK. We specialize in Sandals and Beaches Resorts, El Dorado Resorts, Azul Resorts, Destination Weddings, Mexico, Caribbean, South Pacific, Hawaii, and Cruises! Visit us at www.travelwithmichelle.com or e-mail info@travelwithmichelle.com

Friday, January 14, 2011

Viva Mexico - It's Ire in Jamaica!

Last month I had the pleasure to be invited on two travel agent award trips.  It was really crazy because they were only a few days apart!  My husband got to travel with me on this one and I'm glad we did both - but glad to be home!


View from outside the lobby

The first resort on our trip to Mexico was at the El Dorado Royale in the Mayan Riviera.  This is a really huge resort and while we had a garden view room, the location couldn't be beat!  Close to the beach, pool, and restaurants!  Also, close to where the meetings I needed to attend.  This is a great resort for destination weddings and I've done quite a few at this resort.
 

Azul Fives- beach area and part of the pool



While there, I took the opportunity to tour the newly opened Azul Fives.  This resort is great for family vacations.  They have 1, 2, and 3 bedroom suites that were amazing!  They offer an optional all-inclusive plan.  The Penthouse suite was my favorite- it has a roof top deck area with a huge hot tub and grill area - perfect for a party with your friends!  I think this resort will also be great for weddings or for a trip with your extended family or group of friends!
After 3 nights at the El Dorado Royale, we spent 2 nights at a resort called Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita.  This is a boutique resort with less than 100 rooms and is upscale, yet laid back.  The "basic" room here is over 1000 square feet.  The bathroom alone is larger than our guest room!  They are all about pampering here.  The food was great and it's a very relaxed resort.  Perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway.  They also have a wonderful spa and heated mineral pool, which was where we spent a lot of time!  Our room had it's own plunge pool - the water was a bit chilly being in December, but it did get hot enough outside that I braved it and got in.  We spent almost the whole time reading on our new nooks by the pool and relaxing.

We came home for 2 nights before driving to DFW to catch our flight to Jamaica!  I was so happy to get invited to Sandals and Beaches STAR awards again this year!  It was the first year we were able to go and I'm glad we went in spite of barely recovering from our Mexico trip.  I always feel like I'm home when we arrive in the Montego Bay airport.  We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse, which is in the South Coast of Jamaica.  The ride from the airport is a little bumpy (Ok.. alot bumpy!) but it's worth it.  Our driver did a great job and we made it with no problems!  I really loved this resort, they have wonderful pools (one to fit the mood you're in), it's in a beautiful area, and has a great beach!  It was our 2nd stay here and I was amazed at how much the plant life had grown since our 1st stay!  They have a french pastry cafe and I had at least one crepe everyday!  We enjoyed the really warm temps and the pools were great to get into, unlike Mexico!  This was a trip with only one meeting, and it was great to have lots of free time to lounge and nap.  This is also a great wedding resort and since it's couples only, perfect for a honeymoon!

You can see more of these resorts and more on facebook or on my website.

2 comments: